We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can we keep this Wirral Forum alive?

Which Wirral hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Can we keep this Wirral Forum alive?

If all the threads disappear after 6 months are TA going to close the whole forum down?

39 replies to this topic
wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Can we keep this Wirral Forum alive?

I have to agree that West Kirby is now a very nice place to visit or to live.Some decent bars and restos have sprung up in recent years,direct train service into Central Liverpool 30+ minutes.My wife usually meets her friends from Merseyside and WirraI at a place in West Kirby.I have even heard they are getting a Majestic Wine Warehouse which would be a brownie point-on the site vacated by the Mercedes dealer Inchcape,anybody heard?.Morrisons could do with a kicking-wonder if Waitrose are in the market?

Level Contributor
223 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Can we keep this Wirral Forum alive?

is the Ridger pub still there in Newton? I can remember it being built, we lived in one of the three bungalows across the road from it. Many years ago, there were just green fields and farms in our lane until they built houses, and eventually the pub. Hope its still there.

Little Sutton...
Level Contributor
2,174 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Can we keep this Wirral Forum alive?

Never convinced that somewhere being yuppified improves anywheree,IMO tends to encourage to pay inflated prices for things which people are told are the 'in drinks' or whatever,we stayed at a village near Galway a few years ago & pretty much everywhere had been turned into a wine bar/bistro sort of establishment except for one thatched pub which was spotlessly clean but very basic & was where all the locals drank,the atmosphere was amazing unlike most other places which were just frantic,when in West Kirby the only place we fancy visiting is the Dee Hotel,good job we're all different I guess!

Wallasey, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
34. Re: Can we keep this Wirral Forum alive?

Yes its still there - you can follow them on Twitter @theridgerwirral

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Can we keep this Wirral Forum alive?

Just following-on from my post #31.Yes indeed Majestic Wine opens in West Kirby on 25th Nov.Site is where the Mercedes garage used to be on Column Road.From 2nd Dec to 4th Dec they are celebrating the opening with free glasses of fizz and bites of charcuterie and cheeses.

I have no connection with Majestic other than as a satisfied customer (who will now shop at West Kirby instead of Chester).

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,834 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Can we keep this Wirral Forum alive?

What was the name of the Swiis/French restaurant on the New Chester Road, before you get to Bromborough, it was there in the 80's?

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,258 posts
Save Reply
37. Re: Can we keep this Wirral Forum alive?

A very happy Christmas to you and yours WS.

And to all on this forum.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Can we keep this Wirral Forum alive?

How kind your Lordship.Thank you.We might bump into each other again on Marbella Forum too.Festive good wishes to you and yours.

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
199 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Can we keep this Wirral Forum alive?

Hi Debs, I know this is a very old thread so if you're still out there, the Swiss style restaurant you wanted to know the name of was called The Dresden and shut down many years ago. It's now called the Golden Park and is an all you can eat Chinese restaurant called The Golden Park.

The family who ran The Dresden now run a small chain of successful bistros/ up market cafes called Zugers. They're situated in Bromborough, Bebington and Chester.

Didn't realise there was a Wirral forum WS.

Reply to: Can we keep this Wirral Forum alive?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted