We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay on the Wirral?

warwickshire
Level Contributor
249 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay on the Wirral?

Hi,

We're coming to a wedding in Frankby in July, and looking for somewhere to stay on the Friday night. There are 2 Premier Inns that are close, but living in the Midlands, any opportunity to stay within a stones throw of a sea view is always the preferred option. If we go for the Premier Inns would like a nice cafe by the sea for breakfast. We are looking at the Green Lodge in Hoylake, but reviews are a bit mixed. We also need somewhere for lunch as the reception is late. Where are the best sea views, and is there anything of interest we shouldn't miss while we are in the area?

Any recommendations?

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
15,730 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay on the Wirral?

New Brighton?

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g528777-d1067…

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,906 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay on the Wirral?

West Kirby has a lovely seafront, and several good places to eat, although it's ages since I've been there, so can't advise on current favourites.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay on the Wirral?

Hi The Green Lodge rooms have recently been done up. The food is good pub food standard and currently can get 2 main meals for price of 1. Its right by the beach at Hoylake. You can walk along the beach to west kirby which is lovely beachy place with loads of great bars & restaurants, something for all tastes I'd say. I live locally so can tell you more if you'd like. What area is the wedding? when you say things of interest, what sort of things do you like?

The premier inn in greasby/upton is "attached" to a pub which is just ok, you can walk 10 mins to couple of very decent pubs/cafe.

warwickshire
Level Contributor
249 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay on the Wirral?

Hi Jules,

The wedding is at the Hillbark at Frankby. I think the Premier at Greasby is the closest, but not very interesting. Thinking of staying an extra day, coastal walks are good, looking for bars, restaurants with a bit of character and non-standard smallish menus.

Thanks,

Anna

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay on the Wirral?

Hi Anna

Hillbark is gorgeous,set in lovely grounds. Have you looked at 21 Park House guest house? A B & B right in the middle of west kirby..5-10min drive from Hillbark. . If you go with the green lodge option there are bars/cafes etc there.I can recommend "Flavours" for a great breakfast. I personally prefer west kirby, 5 mins in a car or 20mins- half an hour walk away.

Coastal walks are a winner from west kirby with the Wirral Way...approx 12 miles overlooking the river dee or you can walk the other way towards hoylake, leasowe, new brighton which look over the river mersey at Liverpool. Tides depending you can walk over to Hilbre Island & see seals,other wildlife.

Bars in w.kirby range from lovely swanky ones like The Wro & Red Door or there's the The White Lion which is an ancient sandstone country pub. Its a small place & easy to go on a very good pub crawl after your walk!

Foodwise again there's Tapas at Kuki's, The Green Room are amongst many to look at. There's a few good coffee shops with "light bites" like "ellie's".

hope this helps, feel free with any other questions. Jules

Wallasey, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay on the Wirral?

Hi all please check out www.visitwirral.com if you haven't already. Laura

Wallasey, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay on the Wirral?

Hi all please check out www.visitwirral.com if you haven't already. Laura

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,989 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay on the Wirral?

The New Brighton Travelodge has just opened, if you want a seaview you definitely have one from there (on site of old outdoor baths) and the best fish and chips are a few yards away but it's not a coffee shop sort of place.

I would not bother with Hoylake or Greasby but I agree that West Kirby fits the bill, especially regarding coastal walks. No shortage of eating opportunities either.

I hope I have not left this too late, if you have already been, let us know where you stayed and what you thought of it!

9. Re: Where to stay on the Wirral?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 18:19