We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Afternoon tea?

vby
u.k
Level Contributor
12 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Afternoon tea?

Hi - planning a little trip to the wirral soon and was wondering if anyone knows any good pubs/hotels etc that do an afternoon tea? (teas/scones) - know the area pretty well as grew up there, thanks

uk
Level Contributor
384 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Afternoon tea?

The Peel Hey guesthouse in Frankby does afternoon teas at the weekend and seems very popular - never been there myself as I live just down the road though. It has won lots of awards as a B&B.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Afternoon tea?

If it's a nice day you can have afternoon tea at Ness Gardens Cafe. While we were waiting to collect our car from servicing we met a lady who does the home-baking for Ness Gardens. She told us what goes into Ness Gardens supplies and we would have no hesitation in eating her cakes/scones. (Apparently Cookeen is a trade secret-my wife bakes but she has never used it).

Vale of Glamorgan...
Level Contributor
227 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Afternoon tea?

Latest award for Rose's Tearooms in Heswall.

visitwirral.com/site/wirral-news/2009/5/30/w…

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Afternoon tea?

Yes BrOnnie.Thanks for giving it a mention.Most visitors to Heswall would not discover this haven of Victorian British tranquility as it is in a back street (Milner Rd opposite the Fiat car dealer).Only a short walk from M&S though.I had a pot of Earl Grey and an expensive but generously-filled sandwich and it was delightful.Appears the owners are Greek not English!They do breakfasts too.One reassuring touch is that you can see into the kitchen without appearing to be nosey.

Vale of Glamorgan...
Level Contributor
227 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Afternoon tea?

Loads of interesting info on their website. They also do a limited number of Greek Meze Evenings.

http://www.rosestearooms.co.uk/index.php/home

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Afternoon tea?

Know this is very late but if you go to Wirral again try Lower Heswall ( the village beneath Heswall town) It is really quaint with a lovely church stunning views of the Dee and a lovely cafe called EMMAS traditional home cooked food scones to die for and a delicious afternoon teas. You will not be disappointed it is one of a kind.Also great oldfashione butchers and veg shop!!

7. Re: Afternoon tea?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2010, 05:16