We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Socotra in 2013

Brighton, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
Visiting Socotra in 2013

I would like to visit Socotra in the beginning of January 2013 for around 10 days. Has any one been there recently- i mean in the last few months or is planning to go in the nearest future? Is it good (safe) time to go there?

1. Re: Visiting Socotra in 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2013, 17:24
Athens GR
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Socotra in 2013

Yeah you must definitely go, it's super safe and absolutely beautiful. Just came back 2 weeks ago, it's was one of hte most wonderful experiences to stay in such a wonderful place with so nice people. I traveled with Socotra-eco-tours.com, and the guys made sure that our trip got as perfect as possible.

For more info:

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Let me know if you have any questions, will be glad to help you!

aliki

Edited: 25 October 2012, 20:42
UK
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Socotra in 2013

How dangerous did you find Yemen?

Where did you travel from?.

I would really like to go,but the UK government is very against travel there and advises everyone to leave.

Brighton, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting Socotra in 2013

aliki-did you travel via Sana`a or via Emirates? did you buy your flight to Socotra as well or Eco tours arranged it for you?

thank you

Graz

5. Re: Visiting Socotra in 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2013, 17:24
Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
64 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visiting Socotra in 2013

My wife and I were on the island Nov 7-14 2012. Awesome experience and totally safe! Windy season is June-July, avoid those times.

Msg me if you have other questions

Brighton, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Visiting Socotra in 2013

Hi Ksiddel! Thank you for your post. Did you go with organised tour or you just flew in to Socotra and organised it there? I am still considering and looking around. Thank you

Graz

Brighton, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Visiting Socotra in 2013

Just read your post on the other page regarding you experience with the travel agency which organised your tour. Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately there are many people who are only after the money and nothing else...

Edited: 19 November 2012, 16:23
Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
64 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visiting Socotra in 2013

There are a number of companies mentioned here in the forum. Like I said most companies subcontract with a company on the island called Socotra Eco-Tours. It is really just a group of guides that work together. The lead guide is Abduljameel and he is a great guy. I would highly recommend making contact with him before making a plans. His contact is below:

Mobile: 967 770 689 762

Email: holidays@socotra-eco-tours.com

Basel, Switzerland
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Visiting Socotra in 2013

Hi there,

Can only recommend Socotra and Eco-tours, but would not go there without organizing things ahead since you need to have a driver / guide anyway to bring you to the nice spots and to stay in town on Socotra (Hadibo) is not really worthwhile. Sana'a is stunning, too, but the situation really fragile and unpredictable; Socotra is a different planet though and safe.

Enjoy!

Get answers to your questions about Socotra Island