We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Socotra is good destination for fishing

Socotra is good destination for fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2013, 13:41

18 replies to this topic
11. Re: Socotra is good destination for fishing

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2014, 13:57

Perth, Australia
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Socotra is good destination for fishing

When i was on Socotra i saw some tourists from South Africa and we had chatted for a while, they told me that they came to Socotra to do fishing tour. The said Socotra the best place to practice wild fishing where you can catch monster fishes such as GT and so on.

13. Re: Socotra is good destination for fishing

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 October 2014, 14:35

14. Re: Socotra is good destination for fishing

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

Removed on: 14 February 2015, 11:21

Hadiboh, Yemen
4 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Socotra is good destination for fishing

Hi to all anglers looking for the best fishing experience of their lifes!

Socotra will be ideal destination for popping, vertical jigging, light spinning, fly fishing...

The best time for GT expedition is just starting now, October.

Some local agencies are specialized in organisation of this trip and will recruit the most skilled captains for your catch.

Fishing days can be organized as daily outdoor trips from the capital Hadibo if you want to spend the overnights in hotels or as full deep contact with nature, in basic campsites in wild areas near the best fishing destination

beirut
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Socotra is good destination for fishing

Somali pirates are no more there since sept 2013, and the change in the politics in Yemen, I can garantee you that you are 100% safe there, many foreigners are there on regular basis, including us. I guess i never felt so secured like in i was in socotra, you can't even see police on the island, safe place, and wonderful people.

4 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Socotra is good destination for fishing

Yes, absolutely Socotra is a safe destination and it is one of the best places for fishing. Ras Irisal is the best spot for GT fishing though shuab aslo a good one. Those are the only two places for fishing in socotra island while there are spots on the other small islands of the archipelago. However, according to my fishing experience on Socotra (have been to Socotra for more than 4 times so far) and since Ras Irisal and Shuab spots are very small and got exploited by many anglers, I recommend fishing on the other islands of Socotra Archipelago; AbdulKuri, Samha and Darsah.

Tamarin
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Socotra is good destination for fishing

Hi Paul, you say that you visit Socotra frequently - can you tell me whether the flights from UAE (Sharjah) directly to Socotra run regularly and whether there is a Wednesday & Saturday flight, BOTH ways? I want to go to Socotra in February / March for diving & hiking, and want to know if I can avoid Sana'a. Also, is spearfishing allowed (and are there spearfishers there) and where would be the best such fishing spots? Many thanks, Philippe

Reply to: Socotra is good destination for fishing
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Socotra Island