We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Community at mount tamborine

Which Tamborine Mountain hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
melbourne
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Community at mount tamborine

Hello,

Im looking to moving up north and considering moving to Mount Tamborine......as l am a bit of a ''naturalist'' you might say.

Could anyone please enlighten me as to what the community are like there...... And also a bit on the lifestyle?

Appreciate any comments....especially from people who live there....or have at one time.

Thankx for your input.

4 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,802 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Community at mount tamborine

This is a travel website… not for relocation

Why not go up there and stay for a while in holiday accom?

melbourne
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Community at mount tamborine

Hi there,

Definitely planning to go up and check it out. Just thought it would be good to get some peoples own opinions beforehand. Anyway, thankx for the reply.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
49 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Community at mount tamborine

Yeah I've seen people get moving advice in other forums too so no biggie IMO.

It is pretty relaxed there - a good environment for gardening. The tropical rainforests provide lots of wild-life like birds and frogs. Every other house seems to have some home-grown veges or fruit out front - good climate and soil for growing. but I would say that everyone I know that lives there is in the newly retired age from Brisbane so not sure what the born-bred locals are like. My family & family friends aren't hippies or super eco-people, more just previous professionals who now like gardening, fresh air & slower lifestyle.

melbourne
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Community at mount tamborine

That sounds perfect! Even tho lm not at the retirement age, that relaxed type lifestyle in an area which is rich for gardening sounds just wonderful. Not sure what the job prospects would be like.......but l s'pose one has to follow their dreams.............. I like frogs!

Reply to: Community at mount tamborine
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tamborine Mountain