We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Mountains - my personal experience to share

Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
48 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Blue Mountains - my personal experience to share

Hi

thanks to all, my family have a good time in Blue mountains in Dec 2011.

Here, I would like to share my experience on going there.

Like all non-natives, I search the internet and get some tips for TA. I checked out the Explorer Bus and thought that it is very good.

HOWEVER, a friend in Sydney actually taught us how to do it much much cheaper.

1 Purchase a Multipass in Sydney. This allows different mode of transport within the zone on the day - unlimited. - we took a ferry, then a train to central then a train to blue mountain. The cost of the ticket is AUD20, which is about the price of this trip.

At BM, instead of buy all the tour bus tickets - we continue the trip using the Multi-pass and take trolly bus No 2 (which is the public bus) - and because we have the day multipass - It is "free" for us....

The bus goes to the major attractions - 3 sisters and Scenic world - and all the hotels at Katoomba.

Save a ton of money - the TOURIST EXPLORER BUS IS AUD 35 each! while we paid AUD20 incl the trip from Sydney!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
612 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Mountains - my personal experience to share

Thank you for your update. It is worthwhile confirmation of the avvailability of the MyMulti 3 ticket around Katoomba.

Very pleased that you have had an enjoyable visit.

Wentworth Falls...
Level Contributor
172 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Mountains - my personal experience to share

Hi Matthew,

Can I please check - you mention that the My multi bus goes to all he hotels at Katoomba, does this include the Mountain Heritage, The sky rider hotel, The Alpine hotel, the palais royal?

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, New South Wales, Cruises
Level Contributor
11,533 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Mountains - my personal experience to share

Thanks for your post Matthew ... I'm glad you had a good time here.

Are you going to post a Trip Report for your stay here so others may benefit from what you did?

Edited: 22 January 2012, 12:10
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,149 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Mountains - my personal experience to share

Yes thank you Matthew, I'm sure others planning a visit to the Blue Mountains will appreciate how they can save money using the Multi-pass & the public (Trolly #2) HOHO option.

I also agree with Dougo that it would be nice to hear about what you did/saw while you were there :)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,431 posts
1,569 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Mountains - my personal experience to share

Excellent information Matthew, please do write a Trip report about your experiences in the Blue Mountains as other's can benefit from a detailed report.

Thanks for sharing !

Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
48 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue Mountains - my personal experience to share

where to write trip report?

I did write a few reviews on BM itself...

Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
48 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blue Mountains - my personal experience to share

Not so sure about these hotels - are they located at Katoomba? if they are then I am fairly sure that the bus passes there - cos the town is really very small - walkable...

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
81 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Blue Mountains - my personal experience to share

Here is a map of the Trolley Tours routes:

trolleytours.com.au/links/timetables/trolley…

From the map it looks like the Palais Royal is on both the #1 and #2 routes, the Mountain Heritage is on the #1 route, the sky rider hotel is about 1 km west of the train station (and Trolly Shoppe) and the Alpine hotel 1 km away on the northern side of the railway line.

Trolley route #2 is the "free" one when you have a multi-pass (according to Matthew!). Route #1 costs $25 for all-day hop-on-hop-off.

Great tip Matthew!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, New South Wales, Cruises
Level Contributor
11,533 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Blue Mountains - my personal experience to share

Matthew

"where to write trip report?"

Just start a new thread with the heading "trip report" ... just like you did for this thread but put in all the details of what you did in your post ! Easy !! I'm looking forward to reading it.

Coventry
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Blue Mountains - my personal experience to share

Really gratefull for that information , came on T/A to ask the question , Best way to see Blue Mountains without spending a fortune on triips?