We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to see the Blue Mountains with an elderly traveller

leeds
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
How to see the Blue Mountains with an elderly traveller

My grandmother is arriving in Sydney off a world cruise, only here for 2 days (1 night) and she'd love to see the blue mountains, I've hired a car for the weekend and wondering how best I can show her the highlights of Sydney and a little of the BMs without it taking over the whole weekend. She's active but not likely to walk for a long period so really wanted to be able to have a scenic drive up to Katoomba, get out for some fresh air and magnificent views before heading back for an evening in the city. Picking her up at 10am from the Cruise terminal and wanted to be back for around 6pm (same day) - am I mad? Can this be done? If so any recommendations for a route and stop offs?

Many thanks

Rach

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,886 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to see the Blue Mountains with an elderly traveller

You don't say which cruise terminal you will be using, but you need to head west along Parramatta Road (A4) and then take the M4 motorway from Strathfield. It will take at least 2 hours of driving to get from either cruise terminal to Katoomba.

There is not anywhere worth stopping between Sydney and the lower Blue Mountains: it is just endless suburbs. Once you are in the Blue Mountains, there are a number of sights worth visiting. This may give some ideas: http://www.bluemts.com.au/things-to-do/

2. Re: How to see the Blue Mountains with an elderly traveller

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2014, 05:17