We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Michelle

Marstons Mills...
Level Contributor
4 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Casa Michelle

Has anyone ever stayed at Casa Michelle in Fivizzano? Would appreciate any feedback about the villa or the area. Thank you.

6 replies to this topic
Italy
Level Contributor
6,058 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa Michelle

Fivizzano is lovely, but any particular reason to go there? And when are you planning to go?

England, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa Michelle

I believe Casa Michelle is in Luscignano, not Fivizzano itself, so in a quiet area. Fivizzano is a smallish town with all amenities as well as a few cultural sites. I don't know much about the house itself, but the area is beautiful and in a non-touristy part of Northern Tuscany. You'll need a car and there is lots to explore. If you love the outdoors, there are plenty of walks, cycling, etc. Pontremoli to the north is worth a visit and there are several castles in the area that you can visit. The coast is nearby and it is easy enough to hop onto a train if you want to visit Florence, Pisa, Lucca or Parma. There are also plenty of festivals on, particularly in the summer and autumn. Fivizzano is well known for its medieval reenactments and its food festivals.

I guess it all depends what you are after and the time of year you plan to visit. If you could be more specific, I could make some suggestions. If you want to get a feel for the region, you could pop over to http://ciaolunigiana.com.

Marstons Mills...
Level Contributor
4 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa Michelle

Thank you for your replies. We are actually leaving for Luscignano, this Saturday 19 October. We will be in that area for one week with a car, want to do and see as much as possible!

Definitely wish to visit the coast and Cinque Terra. Love festivals and antique markets. We are really up for exploration of any sort!

England, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa Michelle

There is a chestnut festival on in Monzone this weekend. It is not too far from you. I'd go in the evening. Ask your hosts for information.

Lerici on the coast is ignored by the hoards of tourists who visit the Cinque Terre and is beautiful. Don't try to try to the Cinque Terre - there is no parking. Drive to La Spezia and take the train from there. If you have time, visit Lucca. You won't regret it.

In Lunigiana, visit Pontremoli, Bagnone and Licciana Nardi. An excellent place for Sunday lunch is Montagne Verde at Apella up in the mountains.

For more ideas, have a look at the http://ciaolunigiana.com website.

Let me know if you have specific questions.

Italy
Level Contributor
6,058 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casa Michelle

Sarzana is a nice to visit too.

England, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply