We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

carriage rides & Jordan Pond

Cincinnati, Oh
Level Contributor
462 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
carriage rides & Jordan Pond

I have been in the park on the drive tour, but I would like to do the carriage ride this year, has anyone done this and does it go to Jordan Pond? MicheleS maybe you can answer these questions for me. I'm looking forward to spending 1 whole day in the area and I don't want to spend it shopping in Bar Harbor-I've done that!!!

Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: carriage rides & Jordan Pond

Sorry, never done the carriage rides. :)

Sounds like fun. Report back to us.

Cincinnati, Oh
Level Contributor
462 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: carriage rides & Jordan Pond

MicheleS, I found the info I was looking for about the carriage rides. Acadia National Park's Wildwood Stable in Seal Harbor.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
249 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: carriage rides & Jordan Pond

A few years back we did the carraige ride at sunset up to Day Mountain. I remember it being very nice, and the sunset was lovely.

Southern VT
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: carriage rides & Jordan Pond

We also did the sunset ride up Day Mtn. a few years ago. It was fun for kids and adults. We just came back from there and they still offer it. The stables are very close to Jordan Pond House, but I don't believe any rides go there. It's a fun way to spend an evening. I think they offered two other types of carriage rides.

Yes, stay out of BH, it's gotten way too crowded to be bothered with. There are so many other fantastic spots around the island!

Bradley, Maine
Level Contributor
685 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: carriage rides & Jordan Pond

I've never done the Carriage tours pulled by Horse although seen them on the trails many times. It looks nice. I've seen them with a whole wagon of people and with just the 2 people self guided.

Just a hint though, there are like 150miles (or some extraordinary number like that) of Carriage trails. The horse won't pull you every where. Don't be shy about renting a bike or walking them. Some of the most beautiful and remote areas of the park are only accessible via the Crg.Trails and Hiking Trails. It astounds me the number of visitors that don't leave the pavement and learn about the other areas.

Cincinnati, Oh
Level Contributor
462 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: carriage rides & Jordan Pond

Just to let you know, I didn't do the carriage ride because of the time constraints I was under, I had Swan's Island ferry reservations to get back to the island and I could miss the ferry!!! I did however take the Island Explorer to Jordan's Pond and had a wonderful leisurely lunch, plus I got to be the passenger and seen things and places I have always driven to in the past. I think the Island Explorer is fantastic and it was only a $5.00 pass, but was good for 7 days. Highly recommended for seeing MDI.

Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: carriage rides & Jordan Pond

Hmm. I thought the Island Explorer was supposed to be FREE.

boe
central NJ
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: carriage rides & Jordan Pond

Traveltoo, unless that $5.00 was towards the entry fee into Acadia National Park, I think you have been had!

Cincinnati, Oh
Level Contributor
462 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: carriage rides & Jordan Pond

The $5.00 was for the park pass, which I didn't mind paying, it was better than driving all the places it traveled to and it does help the Park. I would do it again!!

Bradley, Maine
Level Contributor
685 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: carriage rides & Jordan Pond

The Island Explorer is free for travelers currently. It is being funded through a grant from LL Bean. (THANK YOU BEAN"S!!) Please notice though at the front of the bus there is a box afor donations. Please consider leaving a donation as this will ensure the explorer's life to be longer here on the Island. the Park passes also help a little, but your donations also show support to the financial backers.