We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Too much?

Ohio
Level Contributor
73 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Too much?

We are heading to Acadia for a day and 1/2 next week and are trying to decide if it would be too much to bike from Eagle Lake to Jordan Pond, have lunch, hike S. Bubble and ride back to Eagle Lake. any thoughts or other reccomendations?

Thank you!

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Too much?

No, I don't think it would be too much. The hike up South Bubble from the Jordan Pond trail is very steep and strenuous. The hike from the Loop Road Bubble Parking Lot is the more moderate one. It's only about 10 to 12 miles of biking round trip. If you go to the left around Eagle Lake, by Bubble Pond to the Jordan Pond House then from the Pond House clockwise around Eagle Lake, it's fairly moderate biking. A couple large hills past Bubble Pond.

Ohio
Level Contributor
73 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Too much?

Thank you! That is all very helpful, especially Eagle Lake & Bubble Parking Lot info.

Highland Lakes, New...
Level Contributor
91 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Too much?

We just did the hike around Jordan Pond, and the hike around the pond was pretty easy, mostly level. We didn't go up the bubble, but it looked pretty steep. The hike around the pond is about 3 miles, and the trail to the bubble is at about the halfway mark. From the start of Jordan Pond, with the restaurant behind you, if you go around to the right, it's a very level, dirt easy path. If you go to the left, it's still easy, but there is a boardwalk of planks, and some granite stone to go over. If I'm not mistaken, the hike up the bubble is .7 miles, but don't quote me on that.

If you are all in good shape, it's possible, but I wouldn't try to do it if you're not in pretty good shape. There's alot of little gaps in the walkways around Jordan Pond on the right, to the left, I don't see it being possible with the bikes as a FYI, but there are plenty of bike racks available.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Too much?

Just to be clear, I was not suggesting that you ride your bikes AROUND Jordan Pond, just TO Jordan Pond from Eagle Lake on the Carriage Roads. The walk around Jordan Pond is just for walking. If you were to decide to climb the Bubble Mountain from Jordan Pond, you would have to walk part of the trail then up the mountain and back. There is an easier trail back down.

5. Re: Too much?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 08:19