We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Acadia in June

Melbourne
Level Contributor
36 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Acadia in June

Hello everyone,

My husband and I are travelling to Acadia in early June (arriving around the 7th) for a few days as part of a NE USA trip. We are not from the US - when you refer to "peak season" and the "summer season" does that include June? Or is it more July/August? We are not big on crowds and on past vacations to the US in general, don't tend to book too far in advance as we like to stop when we find a beautiful spot. If it is busy in June, would it be a better choice to stay in Southwest Harbor to avoid the busy tourist feel that some of the experts warn about? Thanks!

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
6,490 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Acadia in June

The tourist season in Maine doesn't really heat up until July 4th. June will be slower than July or August. You shouldn't have too much of a problem finding a place to stay at the beginning of June. You will have more choice of lodging options if you stay in or near Bar Harbor vs. Southwest Harbor. I wouldn't worry too much about crowds in Bar Harbor in early June. The free shuttle buses don't even start running until June 23 this year. That's because there isn't enough demand for them before that.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
36 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Acadia in June

Thanks bonniemaev, that's good news, your previous posts on the region have also been very helpful

Cheers!

3. Re: Acadia in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Acadia National Park