We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Acadia and Bar Harbor May 19-26 or Later in Summer?

Aberdeen, Maryland
3 posts
Save Topic
Acadia and Bar Harbor May 19-26 or Later in Summer?

Hi:

My husband and I are hoping to visit Acadia and the surrounding areas in 2014. Ideally, I would have preferred to go earlier in May, but I'm running a marathon, so I'd like for that to be over before we go away. Ideally, I'd like to go from the 19th to the 26th. We don't have to be in the park or Bar Harbor that entire time. I'm guessing it might be busier as the week progresses.

About how busy is it on the week leading into Memorial Day? Should we wait until later in the summer? Oh, and our interests are camping and hiking if that helps. Thank you.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park
Level Contributor
3,867 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Acadia and Bar Harbor May 19-26 or Later in Summer?

It won't be very busy leading up to Memorial Day; in fact, even the Memorial Day weekend isn't nearly as busy as, say, July 4th or much of August. Weather that time of year can be variable---from cool and rain to fog to bright sunny days. (That helps a lot, doesn't it?) Anyhow, you can get a notion of the weather by going to: www.wunderground.com/tripplanner/index.asp Enter the location of zip code (ours is 04609) and the range of dates that interests you.

For what it's worth, the best time to experience the park is the late summer--September--or autumn--October. Generally good weather and a lot less "busyness."

Maine
Level Contributor
404 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Acadia and Bar Harbor May 19-26 or Later in Summer?

May is pretty high risk weather-wise. Spring in general is the least nice season here in Maine. I would recommend later in the season if it works for your schedule.

3. Re: Acadia and Bar Harbor May 19-26 or Later in Summer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 December 2014, 05:17