We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arches on TV tonight

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,430 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Arches on TV tonight

Photographer Peter Lik has a show on the Weather Channel tonight,and this week's episode is Arches.You can see a small preview on the website.

www.weather.com/tv/tvshows/peter-lik

Roosevelt, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arches on TV tonight

LOVE this show, I've been recording the past few episodes and can't delete them from my DVR. Uh...I LOVE Arches NP too. :)

His photo of Antelope Canyon on the weather.com site above is one of the best I've ever seen (quote "I waited days for the right moment.")

*Pixie*

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
6,430 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arches on TV tonight

Title of the Show is "On the Edge w/ Peter Lik" in case you are looking for it in your TV guide. Seems to be on the repeat list a dozen or so times so if you miss it tonight you can catch it another time. You can also watch clips of those you miss online at weather.com/tv/…episode-guide. Thanks for the info - sounds great. This is truly the best time to go to Arches IMHO. I love to get photos of the desert with the snow on the La Sal Mtns in the background.

Edited: 28 April 2011, 16:58
Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,430 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arches on TV tonight

It just dawned on me(duh) that I have been in his gallery in Rancho Mirage a couple times! Beautiful pictures, with big price tags.My favorite in the store is the huge (4x8,4x10??) colorful picture of Antelope Canyon.Almost like being there. www.peterlik.com/galleries/RanchoMirage

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
6,430 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arches on TV tonight

Yes, he also has one in Aspen. Good thing we can see his work on TV for free.

St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
475 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arches on TV tonight

This is a great series. Hope we have better luck catching Arches tonight than we did a couple of weeks ago when it was on before. It was on about five times, and every time, the show was preempted due to the tornadoes in the midwest. Bad weather again, so it may be hard to catch. I've got it set to DVR about six times, just in case! Our hearts go out to those who are suffering in this catastrophic tornado season.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,302 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arches on TV tonight

Dang, I keep forgetting about this series. I'll write myself a note to record it tonite. Sticky notes are definitely my friend. Peter Lik has a gallery in the Forum Shops in Las Vegas too. Every time we go there for Joe's Stone Crab we check out Lik's gallery.

7. Re: Arches on TV tonight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 00:17