We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Time of Day to See Different Arches?

Level Contributor
1,442 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
Best Time of Day to See Different Arches?

I've been reading many past posts (and answers) about Arches and have been learning a lot.

We are not planning on doing any of the moderate to long trails, instead planning to focus on the easier type trails. As much as I'd love to see sunrise and sunset, we're also going to pass on that - we're just getting too old! I think we should be in park around 8:00 a.m.

With that said, are there certain times of the day that certain arches/areas would photograph better than others?

An earlier post mentioned the NPS website has that information, but I just couldn't find it!

Thanks!

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Time of Day to See Different Arches?

Maybe this link will help:

nps.gov/arch/planyourvisit/photography.htm

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
Level Contributor
7,656 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Time of Day to See Different Arches?

Good link from Tet. I thought Park Avenue made for a nice morning walk.

Level Contributor
1,442 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Time of Day to See Different Arches?

Wonderful link! That's exactly what I need!

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Time of Day to See Different Arches?

So did OH. And Balanced Rock early in the morning isn't bad either. It was very cold in may at 8am though. Brrrr.

Belleville, IL
Level Contributor
305 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Time of Day to See Different Arches?

Some of the arches could work both times of day, such as the Window section or Corona Arch, because you can walk through the arch and photograph from either side.

ATLANTA
Level Contributor
844 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Time of Day to See Different Arches?

If you're going to stay on the paved, main roads, I'd view and photo between 8:00 & 10:00 AM and then 2 to 3 hours before sunset. When you drive in it's fairly obvious which sections have the right light. You can probably look at Google Earth and street view and that should help.

Kent

7. Re: Best Time of Day to See Different Arches?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2013, 05:45