We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All 5 NPs in 10 Days

Burlington, North...
Level Contributor
6 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
All 5 NPs in 10 Days

Not really a question. Just need your telepathic support! My wife and I are doing all 5 NPs in Southern Utah, as well as several other side trips starting tomorrow (Friday May 9) and wrapping up Sunday May 18. She can't be away from work for more than 8 days so doing the "forced march" technique. Wish us luck. Think good thoughts!

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
4,542 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All 5 NPs in 10 Days

As someone who has been on more than a few "Tourist Blitzes" in my time, one tip--take pictures of the signs at the entrances to the parks. These will come in very handy. A couple of years ago we were planning a trip to Zion and Bryce and I mentioned to my husband that I was excited about finally seeing these parks. After giving me a very strange look, he dug out a photo album (remember those?) of a trip we had taken years ago--and there was a picture of me standing next to the entrance sign at Zion! Then I remembered our dash through that area--not much, but I remembered. It's always nice to see less and see better, but you obviously don't have that luxury on this trip.

May the travel gods smile down upon you. Good luck :-)

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
302 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All 5 NPs in 10 Days

I'm sorry, but I had to laugh when I read your post!!! That's a hoot.

But, I think it totally cements your statement of nice to see less and see better!!

Enjoy and be safe.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
4,535 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All 5 NPs in 10 Days

Haha that's a great story.

Have fun. I think you'll be able to enjoy the time in the Mighty 5, as long as you don't try to squeeze in Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Mesa Verde, etc.

3 days Zion

1 day Bryce

1 day Grand Staircase-Escalante

1 day Torrey

3 days Moab

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All 5 NPs in 10 Days

I agree with Skake but the order depends on where you are flying into and from.

Tacoma, Washington
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
9,072 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: All 5 NPs in 10 Days

It would be nice if the Utah division of Tourism also included how long it actually takes to do all the parks.....

In my area I have seen quite a bit of advertizing on local tv/cable.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,906 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All 5 NPs in 10 Days

You know that depends Dan P. You can see them in a couple hours or spend weeks.

Check out the official Utah webpage: http://tinyurl.com/qhsscxj for some possible itineraries

Torrey, Utah
Destination Expert
for Torrey, Capitol Reef National Park
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: All 5 NPs in 10 Days

I've lived in Torrey for 10 years, there are still parts of Capitol Reef I would like to see, and I'm out quite a bit.

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
Level Contributor
7,652 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: All 5 NPs in 10 Days

Let's Go Mountaineers!

Have a great trip and please report back to let us know how much fun you had.

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
Level Contributor
7,652 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: All 5 NPs in 10 Days

"It would be nice if the Utah division of Tourism also included how long it actually takes to do all the parks....."

I agree with Kbec; there are just too many ways to visit the park to provide any kind of estimate. Way to many variables.

PA
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: All 5 NPs in 10 Days

Are you a WVU grad.?? We live near there.

We were just at Bryce Canyon yesterday & chatted with group of kids from WVU' s Adventure Club. We were plodding up trail from below the canyon rim.... I was just impressed us older people could keep up with the college kids!

Enjoy your trip - wonderful places!