We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary planning from Salt Lake City to Bonneville Salt

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
24 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary planning from Salt Lake City to Bonneville Salt

Hi,

I am planning to visit Arches National Park & Bonneville Salt, I would like to know the recommended itinerary from my starting point : Salt lake city.

Any other recommended places to visit.

Note:- I have already visited Zion.

Regards,

Raghu

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary planning from Salt Lake City to Bonneville Salt

Greetings and welcome back to the desert.

Bonneville Salt Flats and Arches are in the opposite direction of one another from Salt Lake. So it doesn't really matter if you do the Salt Flats at the beginning or ending of your trip. You should look at Google Maps and see where they are in relationship to one another.

How many days do you have for the total trip? It will help in offering suggestions for an itinerary. Generally we suggest at least 3 days to spend in the Moab area including Arches. Here is a good guide for Moab. http://www.discovermoab.com/index.htm

The Salt Flats could be a half day activity or full day depending on how much time you wanted to spend there. You could spend the night in Wendover Nevada and gamble for a while. In the morning, wake early and take sunrise photos on the way back to SLC if you're that ambitious.

Edited: 19 May 2014, 19:06