We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AM vs. PM mule ride in late June

Boston area
4 posts
Save Topic
AM vs. PM mule ride in late June

I'm wondering which time of day would be best for a mule ride in Bryce in late June. We could make an afternoon ride having arrived from Page, AZ but would this be pretty hot at this time of year vs. going in the morning the next day. Also need to consider that we'd be leaving the morning mule ride and driving straight to Las Vegas for one nite. Is that too much to do in one day? Thanks for advise in advance. TA has been so helpful in planning a 9 day Southwest trip. I've been reading all the posts for a year!

New Boston, New...
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AM vs. PM mule ride in late June

We took an afternoon ride in August and we were just fine - not too hot in fact we dodged the rain clouds all afternoon.

Definately don't miss doing this as its incredible one of my most favorite things we did on our 15 night adventure. Bryce was one of my top 3 favorite parks.

Catlin, Illinois
Level Contributor
837 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AM vs. PM mule ride in late June

Hi reezee,

Bryce is cooler because it is 8000 ft altitude. In late June it should be 75-80 in the afternoon without much humidity. I would make sure to wear a hat and use sunscreen and enjoy your afternoon ride.

It is around a 5 hour drive to Vegas if you do not stop when you driv thru Zion. If you have not visited Zion, you should spend at least a few hours.

One thing you will have to remember is you will be crossing a couple time zones. When it is noon in Page and Las Vegas, it will be 11:00 am at Bryce.

For us, the mule ride at Bryce was one of the highlights of our trip. Enjoy your Southwest trip!

Mesa, AZ
Level Contributor
1,396 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AM vs. PM mule ride in late June

EVERYBODY stops when they go through Zion, even if it is only stopping for traffic! Zion is beautiful and busy. The drive through the tunnel is awesome and awful (traffic).

Plus, more than likely, after driving through Zion and exiting into Springdale, somebody will want to use the restroom or get a drink. Then, as you step out of the car and look up canyon, you will realize that you may have missed something and you will TURN AROUND and go back! No kidding! Might want to keep this in mind when considering the length of your day...

4. Re: AM vs. PM mule ride in late June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 01:17