We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bryce Canyon Accommodation (apart from Bryce Canyon Lodge!)

UK
Level Contributor
54 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Bryce Canyon Accommodation (apart from Bryce Canyon Lodge!)

Hi, we'll be in Bryce Canyon for the night in a couple of weeks and have missed out on booking the Bryce Canyon Lodge. Ruby's seems the second closest and most popular but I think it may just be too busy. How about Bryce View Lodge or is that the same sort of thing? Bryce Canyon Resort? We won't be able to camp so are there many other options. Most I've looked at all seem to be offering similar services and all at about the same price ($150 for a two double bedroom room per night.) If the rooms are basic is there something similar at a cheaper price or should we just go for Rubys? Many thanks.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,617 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bryce Canyon Accommodation (apart from Bryce Canyon Lodge!)

Bryce View lodge is across the street from Rubys,and is owned by the same people.They also just built the Bryce Canyon Grand,just across the street.

Have you tried to contact a person at Xanterra,as sometimes reservations become available and don't show up on the on line reservations site.Oops,I see you are in the UK,I'm not sure if they have a toll free line.

Another place to seek lodging is in the nearby town of Tropic.There are a couple hotels and B&B places.

It is a short drive to the park from there.

Utah
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bryce Canyon Accommodation (apart from Bryce Canyon Lodge!)

You may also want to try the town of Panguitch. It is only about half an hour away from Bryce. There may be options for cabin lodging inside of the park if that is feasible for you.

Cadiz, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bryce Canyon Accommodation (apart from Bryce Canyon Lodge!)

Is something special happening in the area 9/16? I thought it would be easy to get reservations over 3 months ahead, but that one day seems to be booked everyplace I've checked!

UK
Level Contributor
54 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bryce Canyon Accommodation (apart from Bryce Canyon Lodge!)

Thanks, just so I can compare how long does it take to get from Rubys to the canyon itself?

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bryce Canyon Accommodation (apart from Bryce Canyon Lodge!)

It's a very short drive (just a few minutes) from Ruby's to the Canyon itself (which isn't really a canyon!)

When I planned my trip, the in-park lodge was closed and so we opted to stay at Ruby's for one night for proximity to the park. I was a bit worried based on previous posts and reviews of Ruby's but thought it was absolutely fine for our needs. Having said that, it was very quiet when we stayed there, probably because it was February. I'm sure it gets much busier (with coach tours etc) during the more popular months.

UK
Level Contributor
54 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bryce Canyon Accommodation (apart from Bryce Canyon Lodge!)

Ok thanks very much all.

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,531 posts
413 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bryce Canyon Accommodation (apart from Bryce Canyon Lodge!)

The new Best Western across the street from Ruby's is now open. I booked a room for our one night at Bryce and it's only a few dollars more than Rubys. I had to make the reservation through Rubys. The BW Grand is still in its infant stages, as is the web site.

www.bestwesternbrycecanyongrandhotel.com/

Utah
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bryce Canyon Accommodation (apart from Bryce Canyon Lodge!)

Bryce City, (just outside of the park) where Ruby's is located, was very crowded over Memorial Day weekend. They have a shuttle bus just outside of the hotel that takes you into the park. The shuttle will take you around the Bryce Amphitheatre area of the park. If you wish to see some of the higher points (Swamp Canyon, Whiteman Bench, Farview Point, Natural Bridge, Agua Canyon, Ponderosa Canyon, Black Birch Canyon, Yovimpa Point, and Rainbow Point), you'll need to drive your own vehicle.

9. Re: Bryce Canyon Accommodation (apart from Bryce Canyon Lodge!)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2009, 07:34
Get answers to your questions about Bryce Canyon National...