We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Navajo trail reopen??

maryland
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Navajo trail reopen??

I read this trail was closed in a spot. Will be there in June, Will it be open then??

thanks

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
447 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Navajo trail reopen??

Maybe I am not as up in this stuff as I should be, but the only reference to a closure on the Navajo trail was the rock slide in May of 2006, but the trail was reopened in the fall of 2007. The trail does close in the winter for safety concerns due to snow/cie. Here is a link to information on the trail form the NPS website:

nps.gov/brca/planyourvisit/navajotrail.htm

So, you should be good to go in June.

Edited: 22 December 2009, 14:03
Winston Salem...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Navajo trail reopen??

The trail was closed for a good long while, but it had been reopened when we were there last May. Enjoy this beautiful part of the world!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
334 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Navajo trail reopen??

The trail was completely open in July when I went, and WOW - I have to say I am glad it wasn't closed! BEST hike I've ever done - and I've done some doozies (a couple of Yellowstone hikes used to be my favs). A couple of my favorite pics of all time were taken here, too - now proudly displayed on my walls (and one here on my profile!). Truly spectacular!

Edited: 03 January 2010, 02:16
4. Re: Navajo trail reopen??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2010, 05:16