We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fairyland

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,261 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
fairyland

We will be in Bryce for 1 full day (2 nights) . We had originally planned to do the 1/2 day mule ride but unfortunately that is out of the question.

(by the way, if you have had back surgery check with your doctor before taking the mule ride)

We are thinking of doing the Fairyland loop trail. Is this a good trail to see the most of the park in a one day?

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,872 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fairyland

Sorry about the back surgery and cancelling the mule trip.

I don't know if you have decided what else you want to do. But the first hike I would try would be the Navaho trail to Wall street and then Under the Rim to Queen's Garden, then back along the Rim trail. It is a great short trail. If you want to make it longer then after Navaho loop add in the Peekaboo loop and then over to Queen's Garden.

Fairyland loop is also very nice, longer, but it will not take you to most of the park, it is in the northern part. Navaho /Queen's garden is in the central which is to me, at least, the heart of the park.

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
Level Contributor
7,648 posts
447 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fairyland

I agree with Kbecjeans. Navajo/Queen's Garden is a great hike and in the main amphitheatre. Combine that hike with some touring on the scenic drive and you will get a very good flavor of Bryce Canyon. Since you are there two nights, you will have a couple of opportunities for sunrise/sunset over the main amphitheatre.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,439 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fairyland

Depending on your fitness level you can do both in one day--I did and I am a alowish walker although fit. Don't be scared off by the "elevation gain" levels for the Fairyland Loop as a lot of it is up and down rather than a long slog. I enjoyed that walk partly because there were very few walkers past Tower Bridge. The scenery was also quite different from the main amphitheatre and very impressive.

If the entire Fairyland Loop sounds like too much, you could walk down to Tower Bridge and continue on to see some of the different formations, then backtrack. The only problem is that this DOES involve a steady uphill slog as the way down to Tower Bridge is all downhill.

Winston Salem...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fairyland

I personally love the Fairyland trail, and I would agree with the previous poster that you might want to hike just part of it down to Tower Bridge and back. There is a huge difference in the amount of traffic on this trail as opposed to the ones "everybody does." A LOT of solitude. The colors are different too... more in the white/pink spectrum; whereas Queens Garden/Navajo are more orange/red.

5. Re: fairyland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Bryce Canyon National...