We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AT&T Cell Coverage

grm
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
264 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
AT&T Cell Coverage

How is ATT coverage North Rim, Bryce and Zion. Thanks

New Jersey
Level Contributor
68 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AT&T Cell Coverage

There're isn't any coverage. But everyone who did had verizon.

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AT&T Cell Coverage

My sister had ATT and I had Verizon at Zion NP. She used my phone the whole time we were there. She had zero reception most of the time. I usually had reception. I don't know about North Rim or Bryce

Fredericksburg, VA
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AT&T Cell Coverage

We only went to Bryce out of the 3. With AT&T, we had sporadic coverage outside BCNP, but nothing inside the park. We kept hearing folks who had Verizon actually using their phones.

Of course, not having a cell phone for a couple of days wasn't necessarily a bad thing. The lack of Internet almost drove my son nuts, however!

Cybored

Torrey, Utah
Destination Expert
for Torrey, Capitol Reef National Park
Level Contributor
1,462 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: AT&T Cell Coverage

Just as a pre-update - this situation will probably change soon, Alltel has sold their local accounts to AT&T who will be 'upgrading' the system to GSM in the next few months. My Alltel phone works all over Utah, even in some quite surprisingly remote areas. (At least it used to work before I put it in the washer today)

5. Re: AT&T Cell Coverage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2011, 07:49