We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexican restaurants

Graz, Austria
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Mexican restaurants

Can we find mexican type restaurants in Bryce area?

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
Level Contributor
7,651 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mexican restaurants

Check out the resturant reviews. I do not think that there are any resturants around Bryce Canyon that are specifcally designated as Mexican or Southwest, but most resturants will have at least an a few options that will provide that flavor.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,423 posts
421 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mexican restaurants

OhioHick is spot on. Unfortunately restaurants in Bryce area are pretty limited. Moab has several good choices and Torrey's Cafe Diablo is one of the very best Southwestern restaurants around. But Bryce is a bit limited.

Have fun.

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,651 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mexican restaurants

Yeah, Cafe Diablo.....YUM!

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,609 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mexican restaurants

Bryce is very limited in terms of restaurant choices. Its just not a very big place.

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
7,732 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mexican restaurants

Moab and Springdale both have excellent restaurants. Plan to just enjoy the park at Bryce and save the good eats for Moab and Springdale. Ruby's does a decent big breakfast.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,790 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mexican restaurants

Keep your expectations low for dining around Bryce. Eat to survive and nothing more. Springdale, on the other hand, has plenty to offer for almost every style, budget and taste.

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,651 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mexican restaurants

"Eat to survive and nothing more." Well, it's not quite that bad, but it certainly ain't gourmet ;-) Bryce Canyon is a feast for the eyes, not the stomach. Agreed that there is much better dining in Springdale, Torrey and Moab.

What about Hell's backbone in Boulder? I have not eaten there, but the menu looks like there are some dishes with a southwest flare (certainly not a Mexican resturante, however).

Kipling. SK
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park
Level Contributor
6,278 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mexican restaurants

When we ate at the Ruby's Inn steakroom, I found it to be quite good. I am not sure if that had something to do with the off peak season. On the other hand you couldn't pay me to set foot in the Subway. So opinions will vary

At Bryce there are a few choices, some depending on if you want to drive further away from the park. Trust the reviews, that is what they are there for.

No mexican near to Bryce Canyon, but there is likely some westernized mexican on some of the menus, if that is a viable statement.

I missed when the OP is travelling, but I think Hells Backbone Grill is only seasonally open.

9. Re: Mexican restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Bryce Canyon National...