We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day in Bryce Canyon

Welwyn Garden City...
Level Contributor
135 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
One day in Bryce Canyon

Sorry if this topic has been posted before, but any current advice would be very much appreciated. We have one full day to spend in BC, during our Grand Circle tour. How can we best spend that time? And where would be a good place to stay for easy access to the park? Sorry to be so vague but we are in the early stages of planning out trip and any help at this point to get us thinking would be very much appreciated. Thank you and regards, Georgeia x

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
447 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One day in Bryce Canyon

As to lodging, I like to stay in the park at the lodge for the location. It is older and rustic, but still clean and comfortable. But the main draw is the location; just a short walk from the lodge to the rim of the main amphitheater which is ideal for enjoying sunrise and sunset.

Just outside the park are the Rubies properties which are newer then the in-park lodge. These are modern motel-type accomodations. I've not stayed at these but they look very nice and offer all the usual conveniences.

As to things to do, what are your interests? There are nice hikes of all levels, horseback rides into the main amphitheater, the scenic drive and of course the visitor center.

Welwyn Garden City...
Level Contributor
135 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One day in Bryce Canyon

Hi OhioHick

Thanks for your reply, I will definitely have a look at the accommodation you suggest. Very helpful. As to what we like to do, well I love horses, but will be riding in the Grand Canyon. Other than that, we are up for anything and just want to make the most of the time we have in each park we visit as we are on a tight itinerary. Thanks and regards, Georgeia x

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
564 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One day in Bryce Canyon

Hike Queens Garden/Navajo Loop. One of our favourite hikes.

Stay at lodge in park or either Rubys or Best Western Grand. Grand newer and more expensive.

Welwyn Garden City...
Level Contributor
135 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One day in Bryce Canyon

HI Bigred

Thank you for your reply. The Lodge and Rubys sound the places to be then! and thanks for the advice about the hikes. I have to get fit before we go, I think I'm going to be doing a LOT of walking!

Thanks again, and regards, Georgeia x

Tacoma, Washington
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
8,230 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: One day in Bryce Canyon

for Bryce

As Ohio said you have a park lodge.

Just outside the park there are two best westerns. Rubys Inn is older and its also a camping/RV park. Across the street is a newer best western.

further out from there there area few motels just outside the park on Hwy 12. To the east is Tropic where there are a few lodging options and a KOA. The other direction farther away is Panguitch where there are some lowere level chain hotels and a few motels.

As for the visit to the park....a day should suffice.

You want to try and be in the main amphitheater at sunrise and at sunset. In this area there is a bunch of tails you can take that take you down into the canyon and you can wander around. South of this area the park continues but its mostly view point pull overs with the southern point of the park having a few trails.

Welwyn Garden City...
Level Contributor
135 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One day in Bryce Canyon

Hi DanP

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I really appreciate the advice. The bugger of it is, I think we have to give Bryce Canyon a miss. THIS TIME! We can't do everything we want to do, from other posts I have put on TA, and the great advice I have had back, our trip is to rushed. We have had to cut down the places we visit so we can spend quality time in the ones we do visit. Bryce Canyon and Monument Valley have got the snip. But like I say, this time. It gives us an excuse to come back as we really want to visit these places. So thank you again for all the advice and I will be referring to it when we make our return journey.

Hope you had a good weekend, Georgeia x

7. Re: One day in Bryce Canyon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2015, 06:15