We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

USA wildlife & scenic roadtrip

Sliema, Malta
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
USA wildlife & scenic roadtrip

Good morning, Me and my girlfriend are planning a holiday some time next year for 2 weeks and where trying to find some advice of where and when to visit. We are planning on seeing some wildlife (Bears/Wolves/Buffalo etc) and beautiful scenery. My girlfriend loves horse riding and we both would love to stay on a ranch for a night or 2 and do some riding. We also would love to see nature such as Yellowstone NP, Zion NP and maybe Bryce canyon. Is this possible? What are you suggestions please? We are still in the very first stage of planning our trip as we just came back from South Africa :) Thanks loads

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
4,435 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: USA wildlife & scenic roadtrip

Greetings and welcome to the States and out west.

With two weeks you could definitely see Zion, Bryce, and Yellowstone. Wildlife always does what it wants and cannot be guaranteed, but Yellowstone or Alaska would be the best bets.

You could fly into Salt Lake City and head to Yellowstone and the Tetons for a week and then go to Zion, Bryce, and Capitol Reef for another week.

As far as the ranch there are probably several to chose from. When I have ridden horse back, they only allow the horses to walk, not trot, canter, or gallup. Lots of liability laws in the U.S. You could find horseback rides near any of the parks, I would imagine. I have stayed at Ponderosa Ranch, just east of Zion and like it a lot. I did ride horses there too. Others might have different suggestions. Happy planning.

Sliema, Malta
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: USA wildlife & scenic roadtrip

Great! Thanks for your reply :) Good day

3. Re: USA wildlife & scenic roadtrip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2015, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Bryce Canyon National...