We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels Near Canyonlands

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
407 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels Near Canyonlands

Can anyone recommend a hotel for a family of 11 (includes children ages 5, 7, and 9) near Canyonlands National Park? I've looked at Red Cliffs Lodge which looks like a good possibility, but I am not sure if it is very far from Canyonlands (it looks to be closer to Arches NP). Any suggestions are appreciated.

Orem, Utah
Level Contributor
506 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels Near Canyonlands

Canyonlands and Arches NP are very close to each other. Your best bet for finding a place to stay for that many people will be in Moab which is right there too. Moab is the gateway town to both parks.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
111 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels Near Canyonlands

We stayed at Best Western in Monticello (more reasonably priced than Moab) and visited both Canyonlands and Arches from there. We were just 2 though and this also requires a little bit more driving.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,400 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels Near Canyonlands

There are 3 sections to Canyonlands.

Island in the Sky is close to Moab and Arches Nat Park. Stay in Moab to visit this section.

The Needles Section is south of Moab, west of near Monticello UT. Moab is not that far away and you can visit this section on a day trip from Moab.

The Maze Section is a remote part of the park, west of the rivers, hard to access. Most tourists do not visit this area. Check the link below for more info on that section.

Check on the NPS website for more information about the park

www.nps.gov/cany

Salt Lake City, UT
Level Contributor
908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels Near Canyonlands

It's pretty clear that Island in the Sky is the district you're referring to. If so, Moab is the primary choice for lodging. There is a full array of lodging in Moab, though on some of the many weekends with special events, you'll want to reserve well in advance. The lodges along the Colorado, Red Cliffs and Sorrel, are actually a little further away from Island in the Sky by car. However, they certainly have their appeal.

There are no hotels along the length of UT313, the road to Island in the Sky, nor along UT211, the road to the Needles.

For the Needles district, Monticello has the closest hotels.

Santa Ana, CA
Level Contributor
3,253 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels Near Canyonlands

Sounds like you want to consider two motel rooms with adjoining doors.

Don't stay at the Redstone Inn. As much as I like it there, their rooms are small. OK for one or two persons but not a large group.

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Suffolk
Level Contributor
1,603 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels Near Canyonlands

I stayed at the Adventure Inn in Moab earlier this year. It's very reasonably priced, older single story motel but very clean & comfortable, good location for both Arches, Canyonlands and walk to most anything in town, owners quite helpful. Rooms are not large and I don't know if they have adjoining rooms or not, you would probably need 3-4 rooms. Their web site represents the motel accurately. Not the Ritz but might work for you, check other reviews. Owners answer email quickly so you can email questions or call. Enjoy your trip.

Warrenton, Virginia
Level Contributor
182 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels Near Canyonlands

In 2004 we stayed at the Sorrel River Ranch outside of Moab for two nights and later stayed one night at the Red Cliffs Lodge also outside of Moab. Both were nice places, a little on the expensive side and a ways outside of Moab. Both were situated on the Colorado River and had very good scenery. We are going back to Arches, Canyonlands, Dead Horse, etc in May but want to stay in Moab as we will be closer to Arches, Canyonlands and Capitol Reef. We are looking at the Best Western Canyonlands as it has gotten some good reviews and has been suggested by several people when I previously asked, in an earlier post, about places to stay in Moab.

nyc
Level Contributor
546 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels Near Canyonlands

It's been maybe 8 years since I stayed there but I think the Aarchway Inn has family rooms with 3 or more beds. They were nice, but like I said, that was a long time ago.

Weston...
Level Contributor
29 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels Near Canyonlands

Anybody know anything about the Ramada in Moab? It looks OK on the website, but I notice none of you mention it. What about renting an RV?

New Boston, New...
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotels Near Canyonlands

If you don't mind driving a bit to get an hour to Canyonlands you could stay at the Decker House Inn in Bluff and check out renting out the whole Inn. I haven't stayed here yet but have reservations for this Aug. On their website they offer a discount for a whole house rental. Not sure if breakfast would still be included in the rate.

http://www.deckerhouseinn.com

Get answers to your questions about Canyonlands National...