We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

torrey to monument valley

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
torrey to monument valley

could anyone advise on reasonable priced lodging in torrey please. I will be travelling from Torrey to Monument valley via natural bridges. Is it worth staying in Mexican Hat or bluff. thanks

New Boston, New...
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: torrey to monument valley

Not an expert as I haven't gone on my trip yet but I have reservation at the Cowboy Homestead Cabins in Torrey for 2 nights and also in Bluff at the Decker House Inn.

Owners at both establishments have been very friendly and quick to respond to any inquiries I've had about the area.

When are you going on your trip perhaps I can give you more information upon our return.

NJ
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: torrey to monument valley

Same as lrgardener - I am not an expert since I have not been there. I booked my room at Austin's Chuckwagon Motel. They were very reasonable. They have a website - www.austinschuckwagonmotel.com The place appealed to me because their response was quick when I emailed and Randy Austin was very pleasant in his response. The property has a store with a deli and a bakery which was a plus. I figured that would make it easier for me to get food for lunch to take in with me into Capitol Reef. I will only be in Capitol Reef for one day so managing time and have this added convenience seemed to be a positive when I was looking up places to stay in Torrey. Hope this helps.

Vestal, New York
Destination Expert
for Auburn, Finger Lakes
Level Contributor
8,852 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: torrey to monument valley

I stayed at the Boulder View motel in Torrey; reasonably priced, nice view, and very clean.

There is a well regarded restaurant, Cafe Diablo nearby.

I also stayed at the Recapture Lodge in Bluff. Older but charming place ... a throwback to when I was a kid on vacation w/my parents in the '70's. Bluff has a couple of good restaurants too ... can't remeber the name of the one I really like; just remember the it was at the main intersection in town.

Medicine Hat is closer to Monument Valley than Bluff is this matters to you.

4. Re: torrey to monument valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 00:18