We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

torrey music festival

Pompton Lakes, New...
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Topic
torrey music festival

Just found out about a music festival the weekend of August 2nd. I thought I had reservations at Austin's, but unfortunately they were booked. Two questions:

1. Does anyone know anything about this music festival? We're unsure about staying in Torrey if it will be packed full of people(my husband especially)

2. How is the Day's Inn? They had one room left for us.

Please let me know...If I need to change anything I better do it now...not too much time left!

New Boston, New...
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: torrey music festival

We are staying at Cowboy Homestead Cabins in Torrey - have you looked into them?

Pompton Lakes, New...
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: torrey music festival

I just left a message with Cowboy Homestead Cabins. I'm not sure that they'll fit 5 people, though, but they do look nice. It looks like they got good reviews.

Thanks for the info. I may end up at the Day's Inn if they are not big enough. This is the only night of my entire trip that I'm just not sure about.

I still have to figure out my agenda from Bryce to Torrey...we leave in one week! The pressure is on, but so is the excitement.

I'll let you know if I book the cabin.

Sue

Pompton Lakes, New...
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: torrey music festival

Just got off the phone with Cowboy Homestead Cabins...she was so nice. Unfortunately, they basically sleep 4. Looked like a great place!

I also called Wonderland Inn...completely booked. There is something going on there that weekend (8/2), but not sure what. Looks like I'm going to the Days Inn unless there is a cancellation. They say it is just a basic motel...as long as it's clean, for $65.00 that's okay.

I don't know my other options unless I don't stay in Torrey, but thanks again for the advice!

New Boston, New...
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: torrey music festival

WE booked two cabins at the cowboy homestead cabins - for $79.00 a night each - I think this is our least expensive lodging on our whole trip.

Just and idea - don't know if others are old enough to stay in a cabin alone.

Good Luck.

Torrey, Utah
Destination Expert
for Torrey, Capitol Reef National Park
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: torrey music festival

The Torrey Music festival (www.torreymusicfestival.com) is a small festival put on at the Robber's Roost bookstore each year, there will probably be at most a couple hundred people. The music is a mixture of folk and folk rock type stuff, I'm not up much on musical categories to be specific though. The festival usually stops before 11pm but can be heard all over town, I can hear them from my house. If you are out at the Days Inn or Homestead Cabins you won't hear them though as those places are at least a mile form 'downtown' Torrey. Even a couple of hundred people can make Torrey a bit crowded, the population is only 170, add that to the regular tourists plus the festival and the restaurants will probably be full.

Pompton Lakes, New...
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: torrey music festival

Lrgardener,

I forgot to mention that the cabins were totally full. There was a 'possibility' of one opening, but the woman wasn't sure at that point. EVERYTHING else was completely booked and we got the last room at Day's Inn.

Killer Bob,

I'm not concerned about the music or volume from the concert, but with the craziness of the motel afterwards. Maybe I am making too much of it, but then again, do you think the entire night will be rowdy with party goers? I don't know my other options at this point. Ruby's Inn...scenic hwy 12...then to where if not Torrey? Drive to another town towards St.George?

I really do appreciate everyone's help!!!

Torrey, Utah
Destination Expert
for Torrey, Capitol Reef National Park
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: torrey music festival

I think it extremely unlikely that there will be any rowdiness at all, this isn't a hyped up rock band concert with loads of booze and drugs, it's rural Utah!

Pompton Lakes, New...
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: torrey music festival

Thanks KB, I'm used to NYC and surrounding area concerts. I now feel better about staying in Torrey.

9. Re: torrey music festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 16:17
Get answers to your questions about Capitol Reef National...