We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Cruz: Prisoner Harbor or Scorpion Anchorage

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
24 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Santa Cruz: Prisoner Harbor or Scorpion Anchorage

Hi- I will be visiting with 3 friends over Memorial Day weekend. We will just be going for the day and I'm trying to figure out which part of the island is the best to go to. We are looking for a full day of hiking and scenic views. One of the group has already been to Scorpion and went kayaking from there.

Thanks for the input!

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
Level Contributor
7,405 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santa Cruz: Prisoner Harbor or Scorpion Anchorage

It's best to check with Island Packers. When we went, kayaking was at Scorpion and at Prisoner's, you had to go on a guided tour of the Nature Conservancy lands which required hiking about 5 miles r/t.

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
1,863 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Santa Cruz: Prisoner Harbor or Scorpion Anchorage

Check my TA post comparing Prisoners vs Scorpions: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g143019-i3509-k683…

3. Re: Santa Cruz: Prisoner Harbor or Scorpion Anchorage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2016, 18:16