We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving to Cabins at Mazama Village --- how?

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
18 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Driving to Cabins at Mazama Village --- how?

We have booked at the Cabins at Mazama Village in Crater Lake NP for August 24. I cannot find it on Google map nor the webpage for CL lodging. How do you get to the Cabins?

We will be driving over from Coos Bay. Is there a better place to stay that would be convenient to Crater Lake NP?

Thanks

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,889 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving to Cabins at Mazama Village --- how?

>> Is there a better place to stay that would be convenient to Crater Lake NP?<<

If you click on the blue link below, you will find a bunch of resources for lodging in and around Crater Lake, with websites to assist you in your research :-)

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i23338-Crater_L…

So Cal
Level Contributor
8,749 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving to Cabins at Mazama Village --- how?

Staying there too, in September. :-) I find Google maps to be woefully inadequate when it comes to national parks. Try looking at the map on Crater Lake's official NPS site here: http://www.nps.gov/crla/index.htm# (main site) and nps.gov/common/… (that's the map viewer, but not sure if the link will work).

If you have AAA, their online TripTik is generally (thought not always) ok for national parks.

Baker City
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving to Cabins at Mazama Village --- how?

You will find it here, below and slightly to the left of the lake:

nps.gov/crla/…CRLAmap1.pdf.pdf

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving to Cabins at Mazama Village --- how?

We have never stayed at cabins at Mazama Village. So not sure what they are like, but for location it is good CL Lodge is much better for location, but probably costs a lot more. we have stayed there, rooms are pretty basic. I have stayed at Diamond Lake lodge and for price better than CL Lodge and rooms comparable.

Mazama Village just inside pay station off OR-62.

From Coos Bay we just took that trip to Union Creek. We took OR-42 from CB. We chose OR-138 from Roseburg which is beautiful drive. However for us huge mistake cause construction took an extra hour. since we have seen it before. Canyonville at I-5 to Trail at OR-62 is about same distance, not any where near as scenic.

You may want to check ODOT site, but would guess it will still be going in Aug. They had a lot yet to do. weekends may be better

Edited: 11 August 2012, 21:49
5. Re: Driving to Cabins at Mazama Village --- how?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2013, 10:15