We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crater Lake boat tour

Sunnyvale...
13 posts
Save Topic
Crater Lake boat tour

We are going to be visiting Crater Lake in mid July. We will be driving in for the day from Grants Pass. We would like to take the boat tour, and go to the island for some exploring. Is there a way to reserve tickets for the boat tour? I am concerned that if it is first come first serve that we will miss out, since we will have to drive in to the park, and that will take some time. Any info on the boat tour would be great. Thanks!

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,732 posts
1,024 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crater Lake boat tour

This link will help you. There is a phone number at the bottom:

craterlakelodges.com/activities/…

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crater Lake boat tour

In Aug a few years ago, my wife and two friends decided to take the boat trip. I was going to go too. But when we got to bottom of trail, I saw boat had no cover and I had no hat so I did not go. I don't think we had reservations, I forget, but they went easy enough. It is a long walk down and worse going up, so would be very bad to find you could not get on boat. I would reserve if you can.

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Crater Lake boat tour

Try for reservations. If you can't get them, you may still be able to go on the trip via walk-up. It's definitely do-able from GP, but give yourself plenty of drive time--we did it a few years back and stayed on the island for the full day. It's a lot of fun and I highly recommend it. If you're up for an eye opener, take a swim in the lake while your there. I doubt you'll ever experience anything colder. :)

Even if you can't take the boat trip, Crater Lake is a great place to visit. The secret is getting out of your vehicle and hiking along some of the trails. Hike to the top of Watchman Peak.

Sunnyvale...
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Crater Lake boat tour

I'll give them a call and check it out. And the hike sounds great! Thanks for the help.

5. Re: Crater Lake boat tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2015, 06:16