We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crater Lake for Memorial Day Weekend

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Crater Lake for Memorial Day Weekend

Planning to visit Crater Lake this memorial weekend. Just thought of checking if conditions are good and safe visiting this time of year ?

I have heard both Yes/No from friends.

I will be driving the Seattle -Florence-Crater Lake route.

Crater Lake
Hiking Trails, Bodies of Water, National Parks, Volcanoes, Waterfalls
Rim Drive
Scenic Drives
Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crater Lake for Memorial Day Weekend

Personally, I'd wait until later in the summer and try for a non-holiday weekend visit if this is possible for you. Then more of the park will be free of snow and the roads open for sure. And possibly nice summer weather.

Have you Google Mapped it? It's a very long, and for the most part a freeway, drive and will cut heavily into your weekend (two days of the three).

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
8,944 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crater Lake for Memorial Day Weekend

On a three-day weekend, driving from Seattle to Crater Lake just going down I-5 will take up all of one day.

Have you thought about where you will stay that night? Lodging options at this late date will be very limited.

Adding Florence into the mix (why?) complicates the itinerary greatly. I agree with Voyaging...wait until later in the summer.

3. Re: Crater Lake for Memorial Day Weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Crater Lake National...
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question