We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where is a reaonsibly priced place to stay around Death Vall

PHOENIX
Level Contributor
13 posts
184 reviews
Save Topic
where is a reaonsibly priced place to stay around Death Vall

Any ideas on a reasonably priced place to stay around Death Valley NP in August? I think its too hot to camp there

thanls

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where is a reaonsibly priced place to stay around Death Vall

Check out Furnace Creek on their website.

If you're driving from Hwy 395, spend the night before at Lone Pine ... then take the drive to Furnace Creek for lunch. Then continue onto Vegas, or wherever you are going. Or vice versa..... You are correct, it will be hot.

Mentioned in this post
Furnace Creek
Furnace Creek
Death Valley National Park, CA
San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Death Valley Junction, Death Valley National Park
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where is a reaonsibly priced place to stay around Death Vall

What direction are you traveling, where will you be the night before and what is your next destination? That will help us suggest places to stay over.

I always suggest staying on the park itself, to have the maximum experience. Even if you live in a desert area, Death Valley is totally unique and the best way to enjoy it is to be in the midst of it--the clean air, peace and quiet, mountain and salt flat vistas, wildlife, vegetation, and dark skies.

Hot, yes. But if you're from Phoenix, you are better prepared for it than if you were from England, Korea, or Manitoba.

Mentioned in this post
Phoenix
Phoenix
Central Arizona, AZ
Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
654 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where is a reaonsibly priced place to stay around Death Vall

Or Chicago.

ZB

PHOENIX
Level Contributor
13 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where is a reaonsibly priced place to stay around Death Vall

thanks for the advice, yes I am from Phoenix (well New Zealand originally) but I went with your advice Frisco, to stay in the park, couldn't get any night for the way I had the trip planned, so I reversed my trip plans and now have one night in Pahrump and then one night at Stovepipe Wells.

The plan is to continue to Yosemite, back thru to Kings, Sequoia and then Joshua tree.

thanks again

Mentioned in this post
Phoenix
Phoenix
Central Arizona, AZ
New Zealand
New Zealand
South Pacific
Stovepipe Wells
Stovepipe Wells
Death Valley National Park, CA
5. Re: where is a reaonsibly priced place to stay around Death Vall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 00:42
Get answers to your questions about Death Valley National...