We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Want to Know the Rules and Regulations?

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
3,163 posts
616 reviews
Save Topic
Want to Know the Rules and Regulations?

"nps.gov/deva/…2012-Compendium.pdf" is a most interesting read if you want to know a specific rule or regullation regarding the use of DVNP.

ZB

Camp Sherman, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Want to Know the Rules and Regulations?

Thanks, zabriskie.

I have in the recent past read this. Everything seems straight forward and agreeable to me.

Items I had not noticed before:

10/15 through the 49er's Encampment all of Texas Springs CG is open to RV's(no generators). That's a time period, up to the 49er's time, that appeals to me with trailer as I have noticed there are several premium sites on the lower level that are large, flat and graded. Most sites on lower level still couldn't hold rv's.

Interesting that horses used as pack animals are allowed on many unpaved back country roads and trails.

Smoking not allowed while hiking, must stop to smoke and extinguish cigarette and remove. Who smokes while hiking?

The high altitude campgrounds(Wildrose, Thorndike, Mahogany) prohibit campfires during the summer/high risk time. Due to being in treed areas.

One item I knew but often is confusing to many: there is no "off road" vehicle use. There is back country road use. You can't drive off a "back country" road except to park right off road to camp. You are always driving on a road of some sort, not just driving across the terrain.

Good read. Hopefully people visiting will be aware of any rules affecting any activity they will be partaking in.

Last March I had to stop a couple from bringing their dog onto the Mosaic Canyon trail. They had misinterpreted the ranger saying the dog could be in a developed area, i.e., the gravel park lot. Dogs can hike, on leash, any gravel road(unless prohibited) such as Titus but not trails.

2. Re: Want to Know the Rules and Regulations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2015, 06:20