We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report Death Valley National Park

Georgetown, Kentucky
Level Contributor
502 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report Death Valley National Park

We kicked off our Wild West trip this year with a couple of nights in Death Valley National Park, May 17-19. Our group included my husband, two kids (our 4 year old son and our 17 month old daughter) and my brother-in law. We flew into Las Vegas and made our way to Stovepipe Wells. We had two rooms with different room types (one standard and one cottage) and the management put us in the corners of two buildings so the rooms would be right around the corner from each other.

Death Valley was very different than anything we had seen. We enjoyed driving through the park and stopping at the attractions. We made our way down to Badwater and all the way to Scottie's Castle (though we didn't take a tour). The Ubehebe Crater was interesting and very windy. We hiked through Mosiac Canyon at dusk. Our little boys says it was his favorite canyon (over Zion, Bryce, and Grand Canyon) because he could touch both sides. We stopped by the sand dunes on our way out and let our little ones play in the sand.

Hopefully, we can make it back someday to see some of the attractions we missed. I am glad we it in our trip as it was so different and interesting.

Special Offer
Death Valley Day Trip
2 reviews
from US$236.49*
US$249.00
Death Valley Tour from Las Vegas
22 reviews
from US$218.99*
Small Group Death Valley Tour from...
82 reviews
from US$218.99*
Death Valley Day Trip from Las Vegas
381 reviews
from US$214.99*
Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report Death Valley National Park

Thanks for your TR. Glad you enjoyed your stay and I agree for Mosaic canyon.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
3,282 posts
653 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report Death Valley National Park

Yes! It is so wonderful to get out of the car and walk and touch and explore. That is the real Death Valley experience. Thanks for sharing.

ZB

3. Re: Trip Report Death Valley National Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Death Valley National...