We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle or Tour Bus-need Wheelchair Accessible

San Antonio, Texas
6 posts
Save Topic
Shuttle or Tour Bus-need Wheelchair Accessible

Mid August-have a half-day to do the Sled Dog Demonstrations and look around the visitors center. Next day-full day-need information as to which shuttle or tour for best value-wildlife and photography. There are three of us in our 60's-one has limited mobility and uses a wheelchair most of the time.

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,514 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle or Tour Bus-need Wheelchair Accessible

Many of the shuttle buses are wheelchair accessible now. Check the schedule on nps,gov/dena - the shuttle schedule for the entire season is posted now.

Best value for sure is the shuttle bus. It costs about 1/3 the price of the Tundra Wilderness Tour. And you can go further - to Eielson (mile 66) or Wonder Lake (mile 85) vs. Stony Overlook (mile 61) with the TWT.

I think it is great that you are considering such a trip into the park. I have never seen anyone using the accessible shuttle buses but there are quite a few of them every day.

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
6,894 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle or Tour Bus-need Wheelchair Accessible

For your full day, I would suggest a shuttle at least to Eielson (8 hrs), preferably to Wonder Lake (11 hrs). Some of the shuttles are wheelchair accessible, so be sure to book one that is. You can find out which ones on the following schedule: nps.gov/dena/planyourvisit/upload/2011-VTS-P…

More info here: nps.gov/dena/…CP_JUMP_212146

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,514 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shuttle or Tour Bus-need Wheelchair Accessible

>>I think it is great that you are considering such a trip into the park. I have never seen anyone using the accessible shuttle buses but there are quite a few of them every day.

Obviously I mean I haven't seen the accessible aspect of the buses being used. Sure there are others on the accessible buses :-)

4. Re: Shuttle or Tour Bus-need Wheelchair Accessible

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Denali National Park...