We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maps for Denali National Park

USA
Level Contributor
9,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Maps for Denali National Park

Here are some valuable maps of Denali.

There is a map of the park road; a map of the entrance area with hiking trails included; winter trails map; AK state map; & official park brochure.

www.nps.gov/dena/planyourvisit/maps.htm

I will link this to the Top Questions for Denali.

denalicat

Edited: 11 January 2012, 19:53
USA
Level Contributor
9,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maps for Denali National Park

Here is the elevation contour map of the park road, particularly valuable to bicycle riders:

nps.gov/dena/…20rev11-9-09.pdf

Seward, Alaska
Level Contributor
212 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maps for Denali National Park

Hi Denalicat..I could have used these maps a bunch of years back when I decided to take bikes into Denali and camp at Tech...I would have planned a bit better...but it was an experience that is the bucket of adventures I have survived...he he.....I think that biking and hiking folks will appreciate the information and because of my experience with changing Alaskan weather...even in summer..I encourage them to be prepared..do their homework before jumping out there and getting into trouble....Good Job Man ! Some times dumb luck is just not enough.....

Rick Adventure Sixty North

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
6,894 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Maps for Denali National Park

I'm not sure how up-to-date these links are:

Map showing location of hotels and restaurants: frommers.com/images/destinations/maps/jpg-20…

Stores at "glitter gulch" (hotel area): http://www.denalirv.com/The_Mall.htm

What you'll see along road into Denali Park (including road flyover video): alaska.org/denali/advice-drive-to-denali-par…

USA
Level Contributor
9,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maps for Denali National Park

Thanks for adding Denali Nat'l Park maps! It's nice to have them at our fingertips.

Here is Ike Waits' Denali Guide Book, which has maps & hike directions:

http://www.denaliguidebook.com/

If anyone else has some, feel free to add the link.

Edited: 21 January 2012, 22:56
fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,433 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maps for Denali National Park

Just a friendly reminder. Also, this topic is linked to the Top Questions about Alaska.

6. Re: Maps for Denali National Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 05:18