We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Savage River in July

Arizona
Level Contributor
216 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Savage River in July

We're going camping in Denali for 3-4 nights in early July. Is there going to be tons of mosquitoes at Savage River? I camped in late July at Riley several years ago and the mosquitoes weren't bad, but I know they might be worse earlier in the month.

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,479 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Savage River in July

Wonder Lake is the main place for mosquitoes until late July. You should be OK.

USA
Level Contributor
9,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Savage River in July

I never had skeeter problems camping at Savage River campground or hiking around Savage River area. Of course, there can be some skeeters anywhere in the park, mainly where there is nearby standing water; however, Wonder Lake is THE place for hordes of them!

Edited: 31 December 2012, 16:01
USA
Level Contributor
9,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Savage River in July

p.s. Always bring bug repellent wherever you go or hike in Alaska!

Ya never know.....!

Arizona
Level Contributor
216 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Savage River in July

Thanks, sounds like Savage River will be a good choice!

5. Re: Savage River in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2014, 10:16