We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Denali shuttle buses question

NY
Level Contributor
1,365 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Denali shuttle buses question

Hello. I am planning our visit to Alaska and have a few questions regarding Denali National Park shuttle buses:

Do you have to go only on the bus that is for the particular destination that you reserved? For example, if you make reservations for Kantishna or Camper bus can you go first on Wonder Lake bus, then hike, and then go on Kantishna bus to continue?

I see that there is 1 Kantishna bus and 3 Camper buses going to Kantishna per day in August. What is the difference between those (besides the camper bus being $12 cheaper and having space for bikes)? Can we take one of these, get off multiple times, hike, and then get onto different buses? Would either one of these get us to the Skyline Lodge in Kantishna?

Fairbanks, Alaska
Level Contributor
666 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Denali shuttle buses question

You can only use the camper bus if you get a back country permit or are staying at Kantishna. You can get a regular bus ticket for Kantishna or Wonder Lake and get off and hike then get back on another regular bus. I always suggest that you ride the bus to Wonder Lake. Along the way you can check out areas that you might be interested in hiking. Then on the way back you can get off and hike for a bit then get back on another bus coming out. If you do go all the way to Wonder Lake though, you wont have too terribly long for hiking though.

2. Re: Denali shuttle buses question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 07:20