We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tundra Wilderness Tour DVD?

Newburyport...
1 post
Save Topic
Tundra Wilderness Tour DVD?

We are going to Denali in a week and I have been reading everything I can find here! We are going to be on the Tundra Wilderness Tour and I've read that there is an expensive DVD you can buy with video from your tour, and other video. Has anyone gotten this DVD? Is it good and worth the money? And how much is it? I like souvenirs but don't want to waste my money. I have my own camera and it takes video but I am not exactly a photographer LOL!

Mentioned in this post
Denali
Denali
2,178 Reviews
Denali National Park and Preserve, AK
Tundra Wilderness Tour
Tundra Wilderness Tour
781 Reviews
Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
9,264 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tundra Wilderness Tour DVD?

I don't know anything about the DVD and as you are cost conscience have you considered taking the shuttle in lieu of the Tundra Wilderness Tour. We recently did the 8-hour plus round trip to the Eielson Center (66 miles) for $34 each and granddaughter was free. Only difference was no food provided.

Mentioned in this post
Tundra Wilderness Tour
Tundra Wilderness Tour
781 Reviews
U.S.
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tundra Wilderness Tour DVD?

The tour sounded more like what we wanted, since my elderly parents will be with us. I guess no one here has gotten a DVD? Can't wait for my trip, we leave tomorrow!

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,128 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tundra Wilderness Tour DVD?

I have just never figured out how the tour "sounds more like some would want".......as mentioned hundreds of times on this forum, the tour costs a lot more than the shuttle, does not go as far into the park as the shuttle, does not offer the flexibility of getting on and off when you want and uses the same type of bus.........

A lunch is included in that higher price, but I bet if there is a DVD of the trip, it would cost extra.........

4. Re: Tundra Wilderness Tour DVD?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2014, 07:18