We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

timing of cruisetour tourists

New London
6 posts
Save Topic
timing of cruisetour tourists

My wife an I are planning a trip to Alaska and Denali and are flexible on our days to be in Denali. I'm curious as to how the cruisetours line up to be in Denali. Do they stagger themselves on the days of the week or is there a set schedule they follow? Btw, our plan is for late July. This information might make for easier planning for me, but I can deal with whatever. Thanks!

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
39,546 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: timing of cruisetour tourists

I think they are staggered but you really need not worry unless you plan to stay at the Princess hotel or eat dinner there. Most go on the tour buses rather than the shuttle and sadly, many don't even really get into the park, so if your concern is how busy the park will be, I wouldn't worry about or change your schedule. :)

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,479 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: timing of cruisetour tourists

The Tundra Wilderness Tour busses have morning and afternoon departures. So there might be a short break in departures between say 11am and 2pm. But they run pretty constantly every day of the week.

As coalminer mentioned, they will hardly affect your plans if you are taking a shuttle bus. The only time you might notice them is at the Tek or Toklat rest stops if there are multiple tour buses at the rest stop when you are there. I never have been bothered by them.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
54 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: timing of cruisetour tourists

You might want to work on your lodging though. Hotels for July were becoming a challenge awhile back when I was trying to make reservations.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: timing of cruisetour tourists

My Princess cruise tour will be there 7/18-19. I have canceled our Natural history tour and booked the Eielson shuttle bus leaving the WAC at 2:00PM. I know it is suggested to go earlier but that is the timing we have to work with. if you happen to be on our bus you will hardly be able to distinguish us from the other tourists :)

5. Re: timing of cruisetour tourists

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2015, 05:20