We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation near Denali in July

Which Denali National Park and Preserve hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
65 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
Accomodation near Denali in July

We are planning to arrive in Anchorage by plane on 10th July and fly out on 17th July. Apart from Anchorage we would like to drive to Denali National Park for a couple of days. The accommodation I have looked at is booked out over this period, are there any places near by that would be able to accommodate myself and my daughter for maybe three nights. Also, is the drive from Anchorage to Denali a good choice to get there. I enjoy driving so the distance would not be a problem.

Thanks in advance.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,960 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation near Denali in July

Do check on www.denalichamber.com - it lists most of the lodging available in the area. I am happy to help if I can - there are cabins, motels, hotels, B&B's, and a hostel. All depends on what type of lodging you want and your nightly budget. :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
65 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation near Denali in July

Thanks for the reply. Since it is a long bus ride into the park is it possible to stay or camp inside, or is it too late to arrange that?

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,230 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation near Denali in July

You can tent camp inside the park. Wonder Lake is deep inside the psrk. Tek is 30 miles in and requires a 3-night minimum and also allows RVs. There are a couple of other campsites too.

There are lodges in Kantishna. Almost all are $400-$500/person/night.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,960 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodation near Denali in July

Lodging around Denali Park is available at the entrance area OR north or south of the Park entrance OR deep within the Park in the Kantishna area . . . I have no idea if there is availability - you would only know if you check. And of course, camping is available in the Park. www.nps.gov/dena/planyourvisit/lodging.htm

This would be the most affordable in the Kantishna area:

http://www.katair.com/skyline.html

What is your nightly budget and how many nights do you plan to stay in the Denali area? I am always happy to try to help with lodging. :)

Level Contributor
66 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodation near Denali in July

I did hours of research for accommodations in and near Denali and I've settled on Park's Edge in Healy.

I'm happy with my choice and booked early for July. The communication with them has been great and the price is reasonable.

6. Re: Accomodation near Denali in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2015, 05:15