We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riley Creek or Salvage Creek campground?

Which Denali National Park and Preserve hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Riley Creek or Salvage Creek campground?

My husband and I are trying to decide which campground to reserve for a 3 night stay in mid August. We have a small RV , in our early sixties, like moderate hiking and have two dogs . Which campground? Sorry. Should be Savage River.

Edited: 30 July 2014, 20:47
Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,948 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riley Creek or Salvage Creek campground?

I would always pick further into the park - and would consider Teklanika too, but it really depends on what all you want to see and do, and how close you want to be to things like restaurants, shops, etc. If it were just btw Riley and Savage, I would pick Savage. Both are nice campgrounds. :)

2. Re: Riley Creek or Salvage Creek campground?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2015, 07:15