We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Denali Grizzly Bear Resort .. any comments?

Which Denali National Park and Preserve hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
308 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Denali Grizzly Bear Resort .. any comments?

Has anyone been to Denali Grizzly Bear Resort before? It's located south of the entrance to DNP.. Any comment is welcome here.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,569 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Denali Grizzly Bear Resort .. any comments?

Hi there! Well, I haven't stayed there, but I am local, so I can give you some information. It's been a very well established camp ground for many years. As well as the campground, they have had a few cabins for rent as well. Last year, they opened a small motel - so it's still very new. I do like the location - it's located in a valley area locally referred to as the McKinley village area, and it's right near the Nenana river, so it's scenic. You are also handy to the Park entrance as well as some of the local restaurants such as 229 Parks and McKinley Creekside cafe, some of my favorite places to dine. Hope that helps - perhaps some others who have stayed will post as well. :)

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
5,075 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Denali Grizzly Bear Resort .. any comments?

We have camped there, the location is nice, but they have crammed a lot of stuff in a small space. Cabins and camps are co-mingled with just a little elbow room in between. There are some nice tenting campsites down by the river, but you need to walk your gear in ... no cars allowed down there. Most of their camp spots are more suited to vehicle camping, not tents.

Cabins range from very rustic to relatively modern with TV and all the trimmings.

Haven't stayed in the new motel wings, but glancing through the door they look like standard motel units, nothing fancy.

3. Re: Denali Grizzly Bear Resort .. any comments?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 20:17
Get answers to your questions about Denali National Park...