We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roger disappeared a week ago or so....where is he?

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Topic
Roger disappeared a week ago or so....where is he?

A man named Roger went for a walk with his family, and he wandered off on his own for a bit, and they have not found him as of yet and was wondering if anyone has heard any newer reports of this story? Thanks.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
258 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Roger disappeared a week ago or so....where is he?

Have any links to this story? I did some searching and found nothing.

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Roger disappeared a week ago or so....where is he?

No, sorry, don't have any link. It was on Miami's news. I'd google "Roger missing in Everglades National Park" and I think that link will come right up at the top. I did read it again and more comments have been made at the bottom of the story. It appears they are winding down the search for the man, a comment was made about this 3 days ago, so they have probably stopped by now. So sad.

Roseland FL
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Roger disappeared a week ago or so....where is he?

When I arrived at Flamingo March 8 and for several days thereafter they were searching with helicopters and dogs. Sadly, when I left the park today (March 22) missing posters are still posted but most active search has stopped. Only good link I found is old. …cbslocal.com/2011/…

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Roger disappeared a week ago or so....where is he?

Thanks for the update. I have read the link you have given, that was the only thing I had been able to read about this also. I hope they find his remains so his family can find closure.

Naples, Fl
Level Contributor
641 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Roger disappeared a week ago or so....where is he?

Although that was a national park the "Everglades" is many many square miles of nothingness, The road Tamiami trail which connects Naples to Homestead was a recent ( within 80 yrs) road because the are is so in hospitable. There was a prison that did not even need fencing as the area you cannot do well on your own. Google map the area with sattelite view and it is amazing how completley undeveloped the area is.

6. Re: Roger disappeared a week ago or so....where is he?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 20:18