We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Everglades private tours

Chico, California
Level Contributor
1 post
70 reviews
Save Topic
Everglades private tours

Has anyone taken a wonderful tour (one day or more) of the Everglades? We're up for some adventure, but I'm not ready to swim with the alligators!

Hartford...
Level Contributor
258 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Everglades private tours

The everglades are more self tour oriented that you probably are expecting. Rent a car and drive in...its what most people do. Paved roads, boardwallks, and paved paths make up most of what majority of tourists encounter. Remember its a national park. Using the primary part of the park as an example, there are free ranger led tours scheduled every day. Just show up.

I would be looking for a private tour only if i was interested in seeing remote backcountry.

The Beach
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Everglades private tours

Garl's Coastal Kayaking, coastal-kayaking.com Wear your bathing suit and water shoes. Bring your camera.

England
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Everglades private tours

This company could be just what you are looking for. Not used them personally but good reviews on TA.

http://www.evergladesadventuretours.com/

USA
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Everglades private tours

What is fun for you?

- Driving and viewing

- Airboat

- Hiking

- Birding

- All animals

- Bays

- Mangroves

- Canoeing

South Florida...
Destination Expert
for Miami, Key Largo
Level Contributor
3,639 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Everglades private tours

I agree with the do it yourself advice!

Here's a trip report "doing" the Flamingo side of the park.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g143024-i1654-k351…

I did a similar trip about a year later but got an earlier start and was able to pick up sticky buns from Knauss Berry Farm.

http://knausberryfarm.com/

These are a south Florida tradition and so worth the stop. They will have fresh Florida strawberries that are also "the best"

If you want to add an airboat ride, look at www.evergades.com

Check out the ranger schedule in advance to see what is of interest to you. There's a tour of a Nike missle facility that I would love to see. If you are more adventurous, maybe a slough slog.

Pack a lunch - not many food options in the park. There is a convenience type store in Flamingo.

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Everglades private tours

Big Cypress provides FREE hiking and kayaking tours in the winter months (I think it's November - April). It's a fabulous way to see the 'Glades without spending a dime! Look at their webpage for details.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Everglades private tours

Can anyone recommend any companies that offer Air Boat rides thru the Everglades?

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
4,550 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Everglades private tours

There are no airboat tours in the park itself, various tours on land outside the NP. Airboat USA offer more bespoke tours and meet up somewhere near the gas station at Tamiami and Krome (US41 and 997). Plenty of operators along US41 to Everglades City, try Speedy's. Decide if you want to go on a bigger boat (cheaper) or a more 'private' tour (faster).

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Everglades private tours

Many thanks for this. i did wonder if they operated in the park, appreciate you coming back to me wih the information. Cheers Jim

10. Re: Everglades private tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 10:16