We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Everglade Boat Rides From Key Largo?

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
141 posts
134 reviews
Save Topic
Everglade Boat Rides From Key Largo?

I'm wondering what the access is to the Everglades from Key Largo. Are there airboats from there or do we need to drive somewhere else for that and if so, how far away is this? Thanks.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
14,376 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Everglade Boat Rides From Key Largo?

Main entrance to the park is just outside Florida City about a 50min drive from Key Largo.

Dont quote me but I dont remember seeing any operators near this entrance, from there your best bet(again from what I remember) would be off of the Tamiami Trail (41) about an hour and a half from Key Largo.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,456 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Everglade Boat Rides From Key Largo?

There are a couple of operators in the area if you follow the signs but you won't find airboat rides in Key Largo you have to head towards the park entrance (although you can't use airboats inside the park boundary)

Florida
Destination Expert
for Miami, Key Largo
Level Contributor
3,753 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Everglade Boat Rides From Key Largo?

The airboat operator is at www.everglades.com

This trip list gives you directions to a quick way to see the actual park (and have a milk shake). I would do all 3: milk shake, park, airboat....maybe a second milk shake.

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i12780-Everglad…

4. Re: Everglade Boat Rides From Key Largo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2014, 05:16