We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rental

ATLANTA
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
car rental

I am flying into billings MT on Sept 1 and I cannot find a rental car in Billings with unlimited miles!! I plan to explore and to visit Glacier National Park and I am not sure that 1500 miles will do it. Please help!

Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
7 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car rental

Hi Lisa:-) We are in the same boat, we were able to get a good price with our 1500 miles with Dollar Rental. So even if we do go over it wont hammer us. They did offer unlimited but it would have cost almost a 1,000 dollars for the 10 day rental. Also Dollar was the only one that let us rent and travel into Canada without an increase in the price. Also if you have American Express Skymiles you can earn triple miles with Dollar. Check them out the website is www.dollar.com.

My husband and I have been researching this since Jan and this was the best deal wew could find:-)

Good luck:-) Suzanne:-)

ATLANTA
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car rental

Hi Suzanne! I am a Thrifty renter loyally so I called them and asked them the deal. They said that the Thrifty in Billings is privately owned so he can do what he wants. You can rent a car in Greal Falls or one in Bozeman and and get unlimited but no where that I saw in Billings.

I booked Hertz thru Frontier airlines and got a full size for a week with 1500 unlimited miles for $165 before the junk fees, which total $202. I will check out Dollar too. I think it is quite a scam but with the money I save flying into Billings I guess Ill be quiet!

Thanks for your post!

hudson valley,ny
Level Contributor
279 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car rental

We Flew into billings last june drove to Redlodge over the beartooth , explored yellowstone park, Did lewis & Clark Caverns, Virgina/Nevada City, Garnett Ghost Town, Seely Lake, Glacier Park West and East and over to Canada and back to Billings... We had a little over 1500 miles on the Rent a car!!!..

Hope this helps... Doe

st paul, mn
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: car rental

Billings is a long way from Glacier! I would catch another flight into Great Falls, where reasonable unlimited car rentals are always available, or fly into Kalispell. While most car rentals in Kalispell also have limited mileage, you can obtain unlimited mileage from Budget at a good rate if you book a room or activity through Glacier Park Inc (406-892-2525).

ATLANTA
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: car rental

Just to give an update, we decided we wanted to get an SUV instead of a car, so I went ontoExpedia to compare prices and there it was! Hertz had unlimited miles! This was a Saturday morning, and by Tuesday they didnt offer it anymore, so to anyone out there with this problem..............just keep checking back with the rental places online!

NJ
Level Contributor
1,462 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: car rental

I am headed to yellowstone in a few weeks and one of the main reasons i am flying into jackson hole (which was a little bit more than some mt cities) was the rental car. unlimited miles out of jackson hole. there are also unlimited miles out of kalispell. glad you caught that before you got socked with per mile prices!

7. Re: car rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 22:19