We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

National Park Reservations....rip off!

florida
Level Contributor
282 posts
Save Topic
National Park Reservations....rip off!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I got taken...guess I should have know better.

I googled glacier park reservations and three or four of the same sites came up first so I checked out the hotels and then called to make reservations.

(www.nationalparkreservations.com) (866-875-8456)

I was told that to use the service it was a 10% extra charge and more if I cancelled. When I asked them if there were any other ways to make reservations I was told no....so I went ahead and got a room.

Today I decided to see if I could add a extra room, called back got the same speech about the charges but this time when I asked if I could go through another source the woman hesitated and then said she didn't know...which at that point I knew I had been had.

I went back on line and found www.glacierparkinc.com

called them (406-338-2787) and was told there were no extra charges and they had the same rooms available as the first service and ended up getting my extra night.

They got me for about $30....and it would have been closer to $50 had I not wised up. Just didn't want anyone else to

make the same mistake.

I'm still happy ....hey we got a room in the park....sure would

of liked to used that $30 towards gas though!

West Palm Beach, FL
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: National Park Reservations....rip off!

I got ripped off too, but for $150.00! Ouch! I made reservations for 9 nights (3 different hotels). After I saw all of the extra charges on my credit card I was shocked! I should have done the math (my fault). Even if you cancel the reservation, they still keep the reservation fee. I felt really stupid and very taken!

I hope everyone reads this and avoids that reservation company.

washington dc
Level Contributor
832 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: National Park Reservations....rip off!

Thank you both for posting the scam. I was going to post it just now, myself.

I was about to reserve with them because I thought they were OFFICIAL 'National park lodging'. When I started searching on their website found they are an agent for several properties.

Next time try xanterra.com - that is the official NP lodging.

Good luck

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: National Park Reservations....rip off!

I don't think Xanterra makes reservations for Glacier. Maybe try www.nps.gov/glac

AKJ
Bruceton Mills...
Level Contributor
2,526 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: National Park Reservations....rip off!

www.GlacierParkInc.com does Glacier reservations.

The website in question in this thread does one good thing. The bring several decent properties in W. Yellowstone to one place. Saves some search time.

You can then search for the property and find their own website and make reservations directly.

5. Re: National Park Reservations....rip off!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 13:15
Get answers to your questions about Glacier National Park