We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blackfeet Indian Powpow in July

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
113 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Blackfeet Indian Powpow in July

I will be in GNP in July and would like to attend the Powpow --I believe it is the week after 4th of July. Has anyone attended this in prior years and is it worthwhile to spend a day? I will be in GNP for 12 days.

Are there any special happenings for July 4th?

montana
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blackfeet Indian Powpow in July

I've been to the Browning Pow Wow once, and I have wonderful memories of it. I would return in a heartbeat and recommend it to anyone wanting to experience the richness of the Indian culture. Double check your dates, I recall the Browning Pow Wow is in mid-July.

July 4th is the huge Pow Wow in Arlee, which is a small town on the Flathead Indian Reservation on Hwy 93 south of Flathead Lake and closer to Missoula.

Also on July 4th, the quaint and charming town of Bigfork hosts a great July 4th parade at noon. Get there early!

There are various fireworks displays in the Flathead Valley, you could check with the Chamber of Commerce for the towns of Columbia Falls, Whitefish, Lakeside. I know that Kalispell and Bigfork do not have fireworks displays.

Incidentally, you can buy all sorts of fireworks from the many stands alongside the roads. However, they are illegal within Glacier National Park and within some city limits (Kalispell for example). Fireworks are a big deal here in Montana.

Enjoy your month--lucky you!

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
113 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blackfeet Indian Powpow in July

Thanks for the info. I am really looking forward to the Powpow. I have checked the dates and got additional info on the Blackfeet website. I think it will be well worth a day or maybe even 2!!! I will be in Glacier for 12 days before going to Lake Louise for 4 days and then to Waterton for 4 days on the way back.

Then 1 more night in East Glacier before heading back to the airport in Kalispell.

I want to have a leasurely trip with plenty of time to hike and see everything I want to see without feeling I am being rushed.

This website has been such a great help. Trip Advisor is the best!!!!

3. Re: Blackfeet Indian Powpow in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 04:18